New Year Clean-out
11 January 2023
With the New Year upon us, it’s the perfect time to plan a clean out to make a fresh start for 2023. Both indoor and outdoor spaces can be cleaned, with minimal costs required.
Below we have provided some tips you can follow for your next clean up.
- Sort through items such as clothing, toys, appliances and utensils. Repair and reuse salvageable items or alternatively donate them to charity/give away pre-loved items to family and friends.
- Discard expired items such as sprays, sunscreen and spoiled food/drink.
- Organise and group items laying around your home and put back in appropriate places.
- Clean mattresses and flip over, change/clean your bedding.
- Use cleaning products or homemade, sustainable cleaning products to clean surfaces, kitchens, flooring and windows. DIY cleaning products are easy to make and inexpensive. These can be found on platforms such as Google and Pinterest. Below are quick links to DIY cleaning recipes.
6. Vacuum living areas and bedrooms, make sure to move furniture around for the best results.
7. Add plants to living spaces to brighten up your space.
8. Organise dry pantry foods, laundry powders and bathroom items such as cotton buds into reusable containers and label for easy access.
- Make a list of items that require repairing or replacing such as furniture, fencing and paving and implement appropriate cleaning/repair of these.
- Sweep and power wash flooring and fencing.
- Weed/tend to your gardens.
- Clean outdoor furniture including chairs, couches, tables and umbrellas.
- Clean space and organise items such items such as balls, rackets, and pool toys by placing them into a large bucket or bin.
- Clean and replace outdoor lighting.
- Maintain/clean pools and spas.
- Clean out trash bins.
Instant Waste Management can help with your New Year’s clean out by providing you with the appropriate bin for the job. For enquires or to book today, call us at (08) 9379 2111 or click this link